Master Advice from the "Shower Experts" - hansgrohe
Creating a shower system will be made easier and more enjoyable with thorough planning prior to installation. By exploring all the options first, you can have a pleasant experience in the design and specification of your system as well as in using it!
What elements do I need to create a shower system?
- Wall Outlet
- Thermostatic Valve w/Volume Control
- Thermostatic Valve w/Volume Control and Diverter
- Trio 2-Way Diverter
- Quattro 3-Way Diverter
You may have some questions before planning your shower system:
- What do I want from my shower? Relaxation, invigoration? More than one user at a time?
- Where can I put a shower system? How much space will I need?
- How much do I want to spend? How much will I need to spend?
- What are the parts and components that I will need?
- How will all the valves and controls work together?
- What about the water supply, drainage and other practical considerations?
- Have I considered all possible users? Children, elderly users?
- Are there any special requirements, like access for the mobility challenged?
What should I take into account when designing my shower system?
|Determine a budget for creating your shower system.
|Showers can range in size from about 30" x 30" to any customized dimension.
|Enclosures contain splashing and create a more private space, but they are not a necessity when designing a shower system. An open plan can offer many possibilities.
|Determine the water volume you have to have for your custom shower. The Flow Rate Work Sheet will help you with this.
|We recommend 40 - 65 PSI for a shower system to operate properly. Your plumber or contractor can help you determine your average incoming water pressure.
|It is important to ensure sufficient hot water supply. Here again, the Flow Rate Work Sheet will help you estimate the throughput of a system.
|Install a drain (or multiple drains) that can handle twice the amount of water as all components combined provide.
|Local plumbing codes vary greatly from state to state. Be sure to understand and follow them.
|Installation time may also be a factor, especially on do-it-yourself jobs. For peace of mind and efficiency, we recommend that shower systems be installed by a licensed plumber.